I wanted to cook some spicy Indian dish, so thought of trying this out, and it turned out pretty good. You just need the basic ingredients to make this. Caution to those who cant handle spicy food… this is SPICY!
Time: 30 mins
1. Pepper corn ( ground)
2. 1 big onion ( I used red)
3. 1 big tomato
4. Ginger- Garlic paste
5. 2 green chillies
6. Grind – Coriander seeds, Cumin ( to powder or you do get these in store)
7. 3 Cinnamon stick
8. 3 Bay leaves
9. 6 Cardamom pods
10. 5 cloves
11. 1tsp mustard seeds
12. 1 tsp cumin seeds
13. 1 tsp turmeric powder
14. 8 curry leaves
15. 1 tsp red chilly powder
16. 10 pieces Chicken ( marinate with ginger garlic paste and meat tenderizer(may add vinegar optional))
Note: Natural Meat tenderizers are :
lime juice, vinegar, yogurt, buttermilk, pineapple, raw papaya
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a heavy flat bottom pan.
- Add mustard and cumin + cinnamon, cardamom,cloves,bay leaves wait till mustard pops
- Add finely chopped onions, wait till the onion is light brown ( not over fried, until it is soft)
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add chopped green Chillies+ curry leaves+ ginger garlic paste
- After a while ( 3 mins) add finely chopped tomato
- Add 2-3 tsp of coriander and cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Let it cook until the oil starts to separate.
- now add the chicken to the paste and let it cook on low flame for 15 mins,
- After 15 mins add crushed peppercorns and let it cook for another 10 mins, and then its done.
To garnish you may add fresh chopped cilantro on top.