This is one of my ‘fast-indo-italian-fix’, sometimes I have these cravings to have some Italian, ravioli, pasta, lasagna, well until my husband is home and I convince him to take me to one of the finest Italian restaurants and make it look like it was all his idea, this fast fix keeps me satisfied…:), well its not all Italian, but makes me happy. So am all good.:D and hence the name ‘Pasta-Amore’ (Pasta-love).
Time: 30 mins
1. Rotini pasta ( I used rotini, use anything you have handy)
2. 2 Roma tomatoes
3. 1 finely chopped jalapeños
4. 1/2 finely chopped red onion
5. 3-4 crushed garlic
6. 1 tsp (chopped/shredded) ginger
7. 1 tsp powdered coriander+cumin seeds
8. 1 tsp red chilli flakes/ paprika
9. 1 tsp olive oil
10. Cheese ( I like the fresh Mozzarella , not the retail packed stuff, fresh which is soft, use whatever cheese you love, like, feta, Parmesan, etc)
11. Sausage ( I love the chicken sausage which has jalapeños and cilantro (Trader Joe’s), again use what you like)
Boil the pasta and keep it aside to drain ( when you boil the pasta, add a drop or two of oil so the pasta doesn’t stick to each other)
In the pan, add Olive oil, Chopped onion, ginger, jalapeños, and crushed garlic.
Let it fry until the onions are soft and translucent.
now add chopped tomato and let it cook until the tomatoes are cooked well and it is more like a sauce, now add salt, and coriander+cumin powder, paprika and mix well add cooked sausages ( cook and cut the sausage before hand).
After everything is come together like say after about 2 minutes, add the pasta and mix it all up leave it on the stove for about a minute and its done.
Now garnish with cheese and if you need some green add some chopped cilantro.
Time to dig in!