We went to a fancy French restaurant the other day, and this was one of the before course serving. Its very easy, fast, simple, healthy and tasty.
Time: 20 mins (including bake time)
1. 2 good sized garlic
2. 2 tsp EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
3. French Bread
1. peel the first layer of skin from garlic (until bulbs are exposed)
2. pour 1/2 tsp EVOO on each garlic
3. wrap the garlics in aluminium foil each
4. Pre heat oven to 350 deg.
5. keep the garlics in oven for about 25 min (until the garlic is soft and feels as soft as butter)
1. Take 3 slices of French bread/ Italian bread
2. Heat the pan and lay out the slices on the pan
3. pour 1/4 tsp EVOO on each slice
4. toast on both sides until light brown
Now remove the garlic and spread it on the bread, spread butter on the bread- add some pepper and Parmesan cheese if preferred.