I love sea food, I am a coastal person and hence the love, but my husband is not, so I try to make fish tasty so he will start loving them and I start making them more frequently. So far successful on my husband part but eventually I realized I dont like the way I make fish because it usually is fried and so too many calories. So finally I settled on this recipe because its low fat and tastes awesome.
Note: I don’t have any pictures as of now but will eventually post one when I get my new super awesome DSLR 😀 (extra wide grin), my current camera was a victim of what I call the clumsy hand syndrome on a white sand beach..;) another thing I realized is that I still haven’t upgraded to a smart phone!!
Time: 20 mins
1. 1 lb. of Cat fish / Mahi-Mahi
2. 2 tsp of Turmeric
3. 2 medium sized green chillies (Serrano) (Chopped finely/paste)
4. A bunch of Cilantro (Chopped finely)
5. 1/2 Lime (squeeze the juice)
6. 1 tsp Tamarind paste (or take a small ball of Tamarind and soak it in about 1/2 cup of hot water- use only the flavored water)
7. 1 tsp ginger paste
8. 1 tsp garlic paste
9. 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1. Cut the fish in to medium sized small cubes
2. Marinate all the above ingredients with the fish
3. Set aside for about 1 hr.
4. Grill the fish if you own a grill or heat the pan spray some PAM and sear until brown on both sides.