Biryani, a rice dish usually made with Chicken / goat /egg, so here is the egg version of the spicy rice dish.
Again this is one of Aditi’s dish. Thanks!
- Onions (2 medium finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste (3 tsps )
- Tomatoes (2 finely chopped)
- Green Chilies (3 long ones slit length wise )
- Coriander Leaves ( 1 Bunch)
- Cinnamon 3inches
- Cloves (6 to 7 )
- Peppercorns ( 6 to 7)
- Star Anise 2 leaflets
- Bay leaves 1 whole leaf
- Nutmeg 1 inch
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Basmati Rice one cup
For the Rice:
- Add Oil in a pan/Cooker, fry the spices (Cinnamon, bay leaves, star anise, cloves, peppercorns) till there is the aroma of the spices.
- Add the green chilies fry for some time and then add onions and ginger garlic paste
- When onions turn brown add tomatoes and coriander finely chopped, fry for sometime.
- Add Garam masala, Turmeric powder and Red chilli powder
- Now add the rice mix in the masala.
- Add water (1 ½ glass) add 1 tsp salt.
- Close the lip of he cooker (wait for one whistle) if using a pan close and let the rice cook until it is cooked well.
For the Eggs:
- Take 4-5 boiled eggs and cut them in to quaters
- In a pan little oil, add a pinch of salt
- Garam masala, haldi and chilli powder once its fried, add the eggs and toss the pan until the masala sticks to the eggs on either sides.
- Place them on the done rice