Following tradition part #2..:)
Rava laddu another sweet that reminds you of the festivals in India.
Makes: 10 small balls
Time: 40 mins
- Rava(Sooji) / Semolina/ Rice Wheatlets (1 cup)
- Powdered Sugar (1 cup)
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter (1 Tbsp)
- Milk (Hot) (1/2 cup)
- Cardamom powder (1 tsp)
- Chopped Cashew nuts (about 10)
- Golden Raisins (about 10)
- Grated coconut – (2 cups ) ( dry / fresh)
- In a heavy bottom pan add Ghee (Clarified Butter- 1.5 tsp), cashew and raisins.
- Heat till the raisins puff up, turn off and keep it aside
- If you are using fresh grated coconut, add the coconut to the pan and heat until the moisture is all gone
- In the same heavy bottom pan add rest of the Ghee (Clarified butter) and Rava (Sooji Rava/Semolina/ Rice Wheatlets), set in on medium flame
- Fold that the Rava so it doesn’t burn
- Turn off the flame once the Rava stars to change color ( becomes pale brown, do not keep until it is completely brown turn off the flame as soon as you see a little change in the color)
- Add the cardamom, dried grated coconut, fried cashew, raisins and sugar
- Add hot Milk to the Rava while it hot.
- Mix well until it forms clumps
- Rub oil / butter on your hands and while it is still warm mold them in to balls and set it aside
Note: Since there are perishable contents it good to keep it refrigerated and consume within a week.